As the City of Edmonton does its best to keep us informed and up to date on the COVID-19 pandemic, so does the community league board recognize the difficulties being experienced by our members and neighbours due to the COVID-19 pandemic. To ensure everyone’s safety, we are encouraging everyone to follow the guidelines presented by the scientists and health authorities of our country and province to ensure that COVID-19 is contained. You can find the most up to date information at alberta.ca/coronavirus
• Wash your hands frequently and for at least 20 seconds
• Disinfect the high-touch areas of your home; don’t forget your cell phone
• Stand 6 feet away from each other
• Avoid any gatherings of large groups – the amount of people changes daily, so watch your local news to stay current. Use your judgement; keep your family safe and don’t take unnecessary chances
• If you think you may be sick or may have been in contact with someone who is sick, self-isolate. That, of course, means your family too. If you have been exposed, so have they
• When grocery shopping, take only what you need for two weeks. Canada has reserves so there is no shortage of any goods. Be mindful and leave some for your neighbourhood families
• Watch your local news station frequently to check for updates and changes and follow whatever new guidelines are implemented
FRIENDS AND FAMILY ABROAD
If you have friends or family that are trying to get home from another country, Canada has provided means for them to do so. There is up to $5000.00 in loan available for individuals abroad to pay for flights or other essentials necessary for a return to Canada. To access these funds and to get assistance in bringing your loved ones home, you can use the following two measures:
• Call 1.613.996.8885
Both of these supports are federal measures and can only be accessed via the above methods.
Finally, this is a time that we can show our support for our community family. We are more than just an address next door. We are more than a friendly wave; we are the people who can ensure the whole block stays COVID-19 free and our larger community of Edmonton families can stay safe and healthy too. Remember to be thankful for our emergency services workers and essential services workers who are at the front lines of COVID-19 and who put themselves at risk to keep our communities and families safe. Do your part, help your vulnerable neighbours and be part of the solution that returns Fulton-Meadows to a happy, healthy, vibrant community. We’re in this together; let’s resolve it together.
Copyright 2020 © Fulton Meadows Community League